Cool, Creamy, Cheesy Corn Dip


This is a wonderful dip I found at Allrecipes.com. If you like corn, cheese, and sour cream, then you are sure to like this! I modified it a little by adding some garlic powder, a little cumin, lime juice, and a little extra jalapeno juice I saved from the can. It's perfect for a casual party or get-together, and it's so easy to prepare. The jalapenos and jalapeno juice make it mildly spicy–if you want a spicier taste, just add more jalapeno juice to the mixture.

For a creamier dip, use the lesser amount of shredded cheddar cheese; for a thick, hearty dip, use the full 3 cups of cheese.


COOL, CREAMY, CHEESY CORN DIP by Cottage Flavor, adapted from Allrecipes

  • 3 (11-ounce) cans Mexican-style corn, drained (I used Green Giant Mexicorn–you can also substitute regular corn and add about 1/4 cup each finely diced red and green bell peppers)
  • 1 (7-ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
  • 3/4 to 1 cup chopped jalapenos (from a jar or can, drained–save 1 to 2 Tablespoons of jalapeno juice to mix into dip later)
  • 2/3 cup chopped green onions (about 3 green onions)
  • 1 cup (8-ounces) light or regular sour cream
  • 3/4 cup light or regular mayonnaise
  • 2 to 3 cups (8 to 12 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese (if you want a creamier dip, just use 2 cups; for a thicker dip, use 3 cups)
  • 1 to 2 Tablespoons jalapeno juice (saved from drained jalapenos)
  • 1/2 Tablespoon lime juice, optional
  • 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In large bowl, combine Mexican-style corn, green chilies, jalapenos, green onions, sour cream, mayonnaise, and cheddar cheese, mixing well. In small bowl, blend jalapeno juice, lime juice (if using), garlic powder, cumin, and pepper; blend this seasoning mixture into the corn mixture in large bowl, blending well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

You can serve the dip with tortilla chips (I like those tortilla "scoops" with this), crackers, or veggies. The Allrecipes site also mentions it's good served in an Hawaiian bread bowl. 



I like it best served with the tortilla chip scoops myself. Enjoy!

Linked to Full Plate Thursday.

Miz Helen’s Country Cottage

Comments

  1. Hi Nancy!
    I just popped over to check out your blog, and to thank you for the sweet comment you left me on my Mom's Comforting Crockpot Potato Soup post. ...I have to tell ya, when I got here and saw the pic of your dip I actually said outloud, "Woah!!" haha! This looks AMAZING!! Pinning! Thank you for the recipe!!

    Your Newest Follower,
    Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the dip, Brenda! Thanks for following and pinning the recipe–I'm following you now on Pinterest, too! :)

      Delete
  2. With the Super Bowl coming this weekend, this would be a great dip to try. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy,
    This looks delicious! Your recipe is awesome and thank you so much for sharing it with Full Plate Thursday.
    Have a great weekend and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!
    Your recipe is a Readers Top 10 Pick for this week on Full Plate Thursday. Enjoy your new Red Plate and have a great weekend.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, and I added the Red Plate button to the post! :)

      Delete
  5. I love corn, cheese and sour cream! Wow, this dip looks amazing! I have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made this for a weekend trip of racing and camping and it was gone in no time. Yum Yum - making it again for the 4th! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad everyone enjoyed the dip, Randi–thanks for letting me know! Enjoy your 4th of July!

      Delete
  7. I made this dip for a work potluck.....LOVE! So easy and so yummy! I like anything with minimal chopping! I didn't use lime because I forgot I bought it and I used mild jalapeños, but Im sure for a spicier kick you could use spicy jalapeños in the jar. I also think pepper jack cheese would be a yummy sub. THANKS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked this recipe, Ashley, and using pepper jack cheese sounds good, too! Thanks for letting me know you tried this! :)

      Delete
  8. What are your thoughts about leaving out the onion or does it really need it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like onion, so I would miss it myself, but if you don't like onion, I'm sure it would still taste great without it!

      Delete

Post a Comment